- Housing Options
- Get Started
- College Life
- FAQ & Resources
- Parent's Guide
- Conferences & Guest Housing
- Contact Us
Room Retention refers to someone who wants to stay in the exact room and space that they are in now. All students currently living in campus housing who are registered for classes and have no holds qualify to participate in Room Retention. Students who have holds on their accounts will not be able to participate until holds are removed.
Room Selection refers to the Campus Housing Room Selection in which current residents will have the opportunity to choose their housing assignment online for the 2012-2013 school year. All students currently living in campus housing who are registered for classes and have no holds qualify to participate in Room Selection. Students who have holds on their accounts will not be able to participate until holds are removed.
All Room Retaining Students and Pulled In Roommates must accept their terms and conditions online during the process for Retaining Students and for roommates being pulled in before they can be pulled in.
If you want someone to live with you next year in your room, all requests must be mutual and will be verified by UID.
It is very important to follow the steps described.
If you Retain or get pulled in as a roommate you will not be eligible to participate in Room Selection 2012.
If you Retain the Village you will be receiving an addendum in the mail that must be signed and returned to our office for your assignment to be final. All requests for The Village are pending until the return of your signed addendum.
You will need to keep a copy of your confirmation page to verify accuracy of your request.
Any discrepancies will be verified with your confirmation page.
Accept your terms and conditions during the Room Retention process.
Complete the Retaining Students Form Online at http://www.wright.edu/housing/
Print a copy of your confirmation page
Would you like to have a friend pull you into their Retained room as a pulled in roommate? Then you must provide them with your UID and accept your terms and conditions! The steps to being pulled in as a roommate are easy!
Make sure your buddy that wants you to live with them has completed the Online Room Retention Process at http://www.wright.edu/housing during the week of February 1st – February 5th 8:30 am to Midnight.
Your buddy must have your UID and you had to have accepted your terms and conditions online.
Your buddy will complete the “Roommate Pull In” process at http://www.wright.edu/housing/
Print a copy of your confirmation page for your records.
THERE WILL BE NO ROOM RETENTION BEYOND FEBRUARY 5TH OR ROOMMATE PULL IN AFTER FEBRUARY 12TH, SO BE SURE TO FOLLOW ALL THE STEPS TO SECURE YOUR ROOM FOR NEXT YEAR.
- Review your Online Room Selection Time Ticket so you know when you may begin the Room Retention or Room Selection process.
- Make sure your university account is clear of holds and you are registered for classes.
- Log into the Online Room Selection at www.wright.edu/housing
- Plan to have at least 3 different ideas on what types of rooms you want to live in.
- You will first accept the terms and conditions of housing and it is suggested that anyone you want to pull in as a roommate does this before you enter the Online Room Selection so that you can complete this process.
- You will be instructed to proceed to the Self Assignment General Room Selection Process.
- Search for the room you want. There will be a hyperlink in this screen to allow you to view our webpage for housing options. You will have the option to search by Building, Floor, Room Type or Gender. We suggest that at a minimum you search by Gender, but there will also be a hyperlink with explanations of Buildings, Room Types, Floor Plans and Community Layouts.
- Lock the room you want. You will be the only person to view the room once you lock it. A timer will start and you will have the counted down amount of time to decide if that is the room you want.
- Select the bed space you want. You choose what bed/bedroom you get.
- Select the roommates you want. You will then pull in anyone of the same gender that you want to live with you by their UID. They must have accepted their terms and conditions of campus housing online in advance.
- Arrange bed space for the selected roommates. You will choose the bed/bedroom that the pulled in roommates want. Make sure you work out who gets what bedrooms in advance.
- Confirm your decision. Print your confirmation page.
- Pay Prepayment. You have the option to pay your prepayment to secure your selection now or at a later time, but before April 1, 2012. If you do not pay your prepayment before April 1, 2012 your assignment will be deleted.
- You may be asked to fill out a short survey and you are DONE.
Your classification for your Online Room Selection Time Ticket is determined as shown below:
|GR - Graduate||Posses baccalaureate degree and admitted to the School of Graduate Studies.|
|SR - Senior||135 Credit Hours or more earned.|
|JR - Junior||90-134 Credit Hours earned.|
|SO - Sophomore||45-89 Credit Hours earned.|
|FR - Freshmen||0-44 Credit Hours earned.|
The Credit hours for which you are currently registered are not used when determining your Room Selection Time Ticket.
|01/30/2012 - 02/03/2012||Choose Your Same Room|
|02/06/2012 - 02/10/2012||Choose a roommate|
|02/20/2012||Students with disabilities begin online Room Selection|
|02/21/2012||Full Apartment Pull In (ONE DAY ONLY!)|
|02/22/2012||Graduates/Seniors begin online Room Selection|
|02/23/2012||Juniors begin online Room Selection|
|02/24/2012||Sophomores begin online Room Selection|
|02/27/2012||Freshman begin online Room Selection|