Packing List

New timer to college? Don’t know what to expect or what to bring? Make sure you  bring everything you will need for undergrad life at Wright State!
Here is a comprehensive list of items you may want to think about bringing!

Bed:
Bed sheets- Make sure these will fit a Twin XL bed. You can find these at places like Target and Walmart.
Blankets
Pillows
Pillow Cases
Comforter

Mattress Pad – This is just a suggestion. I slept just fine without one my three years in the res. halls
Under Bed Storage- Totes will do just fine. You can use them to move stuff from home to school and they double as storage!

Room:
Alarm Clock- Just-in-case your phone alarm messes up or you set the wrong time. I cannot begin to tell you how many times this has happened to me.
Push pins- You cannot use nails in the walls and can only use push pins or command strips.
Bulletin Board/white board- Perfect for making note of assignments , reminders, or putting it on your bedroom door for other people to leave you messages.
Posters/decorations- To give your room some life. Make your room as “homey” as possible and make it an expression of who you are.
Lamp- Spider lamps that have a plastic shades for each light bulb are not allowed. These are fire hazards and are known to melt.
Waste Basket

Desk:
Desk Lamp
School Supplies- folders, calendars, post its, paper clips, pens, pencils, stapler, scissors, etc.
Desk Organizers
Backpack
Calculator
Notebooks
Index Cards
Highlighters

Electronics:
Laptop- All of the on-campus residence halls have computers for your use at all times. There are also a number of computers in different buildings on campus, including the Student Union and the Dunbar Library, so don’t feel like you NEED to buy a laptop to have a productive, successful school year.
Digital Camera- you don’t want to miss out on documenting your freshmen year!
Printer- Check out information on wireless printers here!
Headphones- This is a great idea, especially if you’re going to have a roommate. There will be times you’re both in the room and may not want to watch/listen to the same thing. Having headphones is a great way to avoid any issues.
Paper- You only need to bring this if you’re bringing a printer.
Cables- HDMI cables are good from hooking your computer up to your TV. You can do homework on a big screen or stream Netflix to your TV.
Video Game Console/Video Games
Land Line Phone- if cell phone coverage goes down, you will be able to reach family with a land line
Power Strip/Surge Protector- If you have a lot of things that require plugs, a power strip can allow you to use more things at once.
Cell phone & Charger
Television- ask your roommate who is  going to bring a TV. Two TV’s in a room makes for a more crowded space.
Speakers
DVDs
iPod/MP3 Player

USB Flash Drive- I do not know where I would be without my flash drive, these are very necessary!
Extension cords

Kitchen:

With the following items, talk to your roommate before you move in to see if there are items you will or can share. This will help save space. My freshman and sophomore year, my roommate and I shared things like a can opener, coffee maker, utensils, bowls, plates, etc.
Coffee Maker
Can/Bottle Opener
Chip Clips
Plastic Food Containers
Water Filter/Filtered Water Bottle
Ziploc Bags
Paper Towels
or Napkins
Dish Soap & Towels
Cups
(glassware, plastic, or paper)
Mugs
Utensils
(metal or plastic)- If you opt for plastic utensils, I recommend bringing AT LEAST one steak knife.
Plates
(glassware or paper)
Crockpot
Cutting Board

Food:
Bottled Water
Ramen
Granola Bars
Microwaveable Meals

Microwave Recipes – Key to eating awesome in the res. halls! Check out our Pinterest account for res hall friendly ideas: http://pinterest.com/wsuhousing/
Shelf Stable Food

Bathroom:
Towels
Shower Caddy
Toiletries
Robe
Shower Flip Flops
Hair Dryer
First Aid Kit
- The first time you cut yourself and realize you don’t have band-aids, you will wish that you would have brought one of these.
Prescriptions
Vitamins- Vitamins will keep you happy and healthy! These are a must during the winter months!
Condoms/Birth Control
Pain Relievers

Pepto Bismol- After eating so much pizza your first couple of weeks, you will need some stomach relief.

Clothing:
Seasonal Clothing- You will have a chance to go home later to grab your Winter clothes. You do not have enough room to bring your whole wardrobe, believe me.. I tried.
Clothes Hangers

Student ID
Medical Insurance Card
Debit Card
Batteries
Flashlight
Earplugs
- much needed for studying during the day
Sewing Kit
Safety Pins
Light Bulbs
-Only need these if you’re bringing a lamp.
Bug Spray

Duct Tape- It fixes everything..
Fan
Umbrella
Sunglasses
Tissues
Baby Wipes
Lysol Wipes and Spray
Febreze
Command Strips-
These are great for hanging things on walls that won’t hold tape. You can use them with the plastic hook, or buy the strips individually. I put one with a hook by my bedroom door to hang my keys on so I never lost them, and used the strips individually to hang up posters and picture frames.

21 Comments

1. Alyza
    Posted July 14, 2012 at 12:00 am | Permalink

Hi, I see no mention made of mini fridges? Are they allowed and if so, is there a size or electrically limit? Thanks.

2. Chelsea
    Posted August 8, 2012 at 9:22 am | Permalink

Fridges are allowed! As long as they are mini!

3. Posted March 4, 2013 at 7:38 pm | Permalink

Stumbled across your article and was thrilled to see you include under bed storage as an important aspect of college life…small spaces, shared spaces…a lot of good can come from simply utilizing the space beneath an existing bed frame! Great article.

4. Posted March 12, 2013 at 9:56 pm | Permalink

It is best to participate in a contest for probably the greatest blogs on the web. I will suggest this website!

5. Posted March 19, 2013 at 2:16 pm | Permalink

I know this if off topic but I’m looking into starting my own blog and was curious what all is required to get setup? I’m assuming having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny? I’m not very internet savvy so I’m not 100% positive. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

6. Posted April 11, 2013 at 2:20 pm | Permalink

so i’m here to learn, and to help out others with what i already know. ill see you all around, Cheers

7. Posted April 20, 2013 at 8:16 am | Permalink

The Zune concentrates on being a Moveable Media Player. Not a web browser. Not a recreation appliance. Probably inside the future it’ll do even greater in all those regions, but for now it is a wonderful strategy to organize and pay attention on your music and videos, and is without the need of peer in that regard. The iPod’s strengths are its web browsing and apps. If those people sound far more compelling, possibly it is your best choice.

8. Posted June 2, 2013 at 8:38 am | Permalink

Hello, i my statitics show that you visited my site so i came to “return the favor” and verify out your web site.I am trying to find stuff to enhance my site!I suppose it’s okay to utilize some of your tips!

9. Posted June 4, 2013 at 12:27 am | Permalink

Thanks for all of your effort on this blog. Ellie really likes going through investigations and it’s really obvious why. My partner and i notice all about the compelling means you render insightful tips and tricks by means of this website and as well improve participation from the others about this concept so our favorite princess is now studying a great deal. Have fun with the remaining portion of the year. You are doing a useful job.

10. Posted June 6, 2013 at 9:24 am | Permalink

I was suggested this web site by my friend. I’m not sure whether this blog post is written by them as no one else knows such detailed about my difficulty. You’re amazing! Cheers!

11. Posted June 12, 2013 at 4:19 am | Permalink

A team of 6, 000 paintings, 2, 3 and 4 November.
    Contrasts the three earliest works, published theater tickets cheap london as Op.

Poker Face had been her other number one song that I was spending more time looking at my screen than the live
    performance scene. Play On Tour 2010 theater tickets cheap london
    are still available in all price ranges. The British band was
    due to perform in San Francisco, CA Fri, Oct. The Dispatches show, which includes eight albums, amny music industry award
    honors and countless sold-out arena shows.

12. Posted July 20, 2013 at 9:17 am | Permalink

It can even be a little overwhelming even for someone like myself who runs an online Laptop Guide and who has a keen interest in all things laptop.

13. Posted December 6, 2013 at 7:33 am | Permalink

Ahaa, its nice dialogue regarding this piece of writing here at this web site, I have read all that, so
    at this time me also commenting here.

14. Posted February 6, 2014 at 1:11 am | Permalink

Do you know how to make a solid wine at home for this christmas without adding any alcohol and even you can measure your alcohol, Cheers buddy!

15. Posted February 25, 2014 at 5:04 am | Permalink

Hello there! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and tell you I genuinely enjoy reading your posts. Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that cover the same topics? Thank you! Please take a look this: Lựa rèm cửa sổ đẹp đẹp nhất?

16. Posted May 7, 2014 at 2:28 pm | Permalink

If your work out primarily concentrates of muscle growth, then this
    information has information which will be useful to you. You may need to modify your diet program and
    also working out to acquire the results you desire. So check into areas and concentrate on regions of your current workout practice which you sense you can use assistance with.

Strive for a high variety of representatives with medium
    sized-strength excess weight once you train. For every single person physical exercise you need to do,
    try to do a set of ten or fifteen repetitions, sleeping lower than one minute somewhere
    between every single set up. This causes lactic acidity to develop within your muscle tissue,
    that makes you “notice the burn off” although exciting
    growth.

If you are attempting to construct muscle tissue, it is very important take in calories-dense
    foods with the proper time. The perfect time to nibble on your biggest meal through
    the day is once you have completed your muscles-developing workout session.
    It is actually at this point how the energy demands of your body
    are in maximum levels considering that your system needs the diet to repair and build muscle tissues.

When you continue to eat some other calorie-thick meals every few time, you can expect to supply a
    chance for your body to provide much more muscular
    mass.

Crank up some audio. Studies have revealed that
    listening to music you adore while you are lifting will help you do more representatives than not paying attention
    to any songs in any way or otherwise playing the background music that you want.
    Furthermore, experiencing headsets can help distract you developing a chat with other individuals that
    may defer your regular workout.

It is quite important that you remain appropriately when doing ranking exercises,
    including expense presses and leg squats. These
    workout routines require a form of sporting posture.
    To get this, you need to stand up together with your toes at about the size of your respective
    shoulder muscles. Then, somewhat stage your foot outward, flex the knee joints, and arch your
    back. Always make sure that the eyes are seeking frontward.

A 60 moment workouts are the optimum length for max results.

Beyond 60 minutes, your whole body starts off delivering the
    strain hormonal agent, cortisol. Cortisol diminishes your androgenic hormone or testosterone degrees, which just waste
    materials your time and effort towards improving your muscle tissue.
    An outstanding method of making sure you increase your exercises would be to continue
    to keep workout routines at below 1 hour long.

Stay away from evaluating you to ultimately others in the club.
    It could be necessary to see other folks to discover their kind, new exercises, or new
    forms of equipment, but primary comparison is not beneficial.
    The reason being everyone has an alternative physical stature
    what really works might not exactly work for other individuals.

Be aware of your system extra fat and measure it frequently.
    Try not to be disappointed if you have not important weight reduction when muscle building, as your body weight may not transform a lot employing a body weight and
    muscle development routine. Your whole body body fat is a
    far better measure of your overall health instead of bodyweight.

Be sure that you are ingesting the volume of energy that your body needs.
    There are a number of on the internet calculators that you can use to figure out calorie requirements reliant on your desired
    goals. Use 1 or 2 of the calculators then change your diet plan properly,
    like the appropriate numbers of carbohydrates, necessary protein as well as other vitamins to develop your muscles.

Function your own muscles to weakness to get the best results from your
    exercises. Depart nothing on the kitchen table.
    When accomplishing a set of workout routines,
    continue to keep driving oneself till you are not able to total an additional force-up or lift up the club yet another time.

Then you can begin using more heavy dumbbells and carrying out a lot
    less reps to increase muscle mass dimension.

Developing a clever agenda for your muscle creating workout routines
    will keep your muscle mass expanding and prevent you from injuries.

It is recommended that novice muscle tissue contractors workout only a second time weekly, whilst
    those with expertise can do so thrice weekly.

While you study within the above article, there are several
    ways to increase your muscle groups. This article provided some terrific recommendations that you should follow.
    Attempt deciding on those that you feel will assist you to.

Mix it up and analyze permutations to discover the
    direction they sense.

17. Posted May 28, 2014 at 9:48 pm | Permalink

Hello my friend! I wish to say that this post is amazing, nice written and include approximately all important infos.
    I would like to peer more posts like this .

18. Posted May 29, 2014 at 3:34 pm | Permalink

Hey folks. I simply adore this web site, it’s so insightful & cool! Unfortunately, I require some specialist assistance and advice from any pundits here. Im at this point studying for a B.A in education tech at university, and my prof Wood has given me a rather awkward assignment as part of my thesis. I was curious if any one could contact me and I’ll be able to offer more details about what I require. I am ready to pay a fee for the right type of help and would appreciate it if you contacted me thru this email: frw132ksredu@btopenworld.com. Thanks and thanks to the web-site Administrative as well! You might possibly just have saved my bacon!

19. Posted May 29, 2014 at 3:44 pm | Permalink

Good morning every one. I really like this web-site, it’s so useful and interesting! Unfortunately, I need some professional help and helpful advice from any pundits here. Im at this point studying for a Phd in educational technology at Uni and my prof Dvaus has given me a rather difficult assignment as a section of my thesis. I was wondering if any person could contact me and I’ll be able to offer more specifics about what I require. Im prepared to pay out a fee for the right kind of help & would appreciate it if you contacted me thru this mail: student132ksreduhotmail.com. Thanks and cheers to the web site Administrator also! You might possibly just have saved my life!!!

20. Posted June 1, 2014 at 2:42 pm | Permalink

Today, while I was at work, my cousin stole my apple
    ipad and tested to see if it can survive a forty
    foot drop, just so she can be a youtube sensation. My iPad is now destroyed and she has 83 views.
    I know this is completely off topic but I had to share it with someone!

21. Posted June 28, 2014 at 10:57 am | Permalink

I’ll immediately clutch your rss feed as I can’t to find
    your email subscription hyperlink or e-newsletter service.
    Do you’ve any? Please permit me know so that I may subscribe.

Thanks.